VIDEO — Climate March: Paris Puts Activists On House Arrest Using Emergency Laws
Nov 29, 2015
At least 24 climate activists have been put under house arrest by French police, accused of flouting a ban on organising protests during next week’s Paris climate summit, the Guardian has learned.
One legal adviser to the activists said many officers raided his Paris apartment and occupied three floors and a staircase in his block.
French authorities did not respond to requests for comment but lawyers said that the warrants were issued under state of emergency laws, imposed after the terror attacks that killed 130 people earlier this month.
- Maurice Strong, climate and development pioneer, dead at 86 – Politics – CBC News
- VIDEO — A Chat with a Stop Climate Chaos March Participant – Dublin Nov 29th 2015
- VIDEO — Lies, Damned Lies, and Global Warming Statistics
- VIDEO — Randall Carlson interview on Reality Sandwich: Climate Change (part 2, 3, 4)
- VIDEO — Take the $100,000 Global Warming Believer Challenge!
- VIDEO — A Message to the Environmental Movement
- VIDEO — Scuffles break out at Global Climate March in Paris]
Reblogged this on Nevada State Personnel Watch.
December 19, 2015 at 9:16 PM